Pages

Tuesday 19 March 2013

My Retelling about Eastern Beach


Our school picnic at Eastern Beach

It was a hot summers day, I felt like I was burning into ashes. On Monday March 4th our whole school including the teachers, parent helpers and the teacher aides went to the annual picnic at Eastern Beach. The whole school started to leave their classes at around 9:10 am. There were games set up like volleyball, Cricket and equipment you can use to make sand castles.

The were 3 buses waiting for us. We aborted the buses at 9:15am. There was three to a seat, I felt squashed like a can of tuna ready to break open, but that really didn’t matter to us because we all were looking forward to Eastern Beach. We finally arrived at Eastern Beach, the little kids were jumping up and down like pop goes the weasel wanting to get out of the bus and into the water. All the classes lined up down the far end of the beach.

Mr Johnston told us all the safety rules and where to go if you got hurt.When he was done the class teachers picked a spot for the classes to put their bags and have a rest. After we found spots for our classes to put their bags and rest we were told to have morning tea. After we finished our morning tea we were allowed to go play except we weren’t allowed to go swimming because it was the juniors that were told to go first.

The Year 7 and 8s went kayaking. I went to go play with my friends’ Leenas and Savannah. We walked around the beach, played twister and ate. I knew it was close to the time when the seniors were allowed to swim. I changed into my tog and got ready. Miss Paton yelled out “Everyone who wants to go swimming come and line up here ”. There were many people.

We ran down to the beach and jumped except me. It was freezing cold, I could turn into a piece of ice. I knew if I just take little steps I’ll make myself want to get out more so I ran and jumped. ‘SPLASH’ I hit the water. Besides the cold water it was soothingly comfortable. I swam around, had water fights and had contests.

Lunch came along, we needed to get out of the water to eat. After we finished our lunch we had to wait for about 30 minutes before we could swim again, because we just finished lunch.  We weren’t aloud to swim because we would feel fat, if we went in straight away into the water we would have sank straight down like a brick. Thirty minutes later, we got to go swimming again.

I stopped not long ago because I started to wrinkle up like a very very old lady. It took me quite a while to change. After I was changed we were already packing up. We lined up with our teachers and alighted the bus and off we were on our way to school.

                       THE END

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.