Pages

Monday 12 October 2015

Holiday Reading Challenge: Rewrite the ending

"Maybe... one day I can figure out how to send the lost souls to glory, or even bring them back.." beth whispered as she watched Louis mourn over the blossoming relationship with Coll. The feeling of relief that they were safe from Alghol was covered with sadness from the loss of her best friend, and love. But it wasn't goodbye, it couldn't be. Their parents were furious that they had missed Christmas eve, but that was the furthest thing from her mind. Louis glanced at me, "at least their deaths saved thousands" he sighed. "They would've wanted it that way. Dying of purpose". "We should go home now, before dad becomes even more outraged..." I suggested. He nodded. We turned and walked towards the car, I stopped, turn around and whispered my final words, "goodnight".'

Title: Hunger
Author: Melvin Burgess
Genre: Fiction
I think my version of the ending is better because they hadn't properly said a goodbye or something that gave the book and ending 'wow'. I think I achieved that with my ending.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.