Pages

Wednesday 14 October 2015

Story Swap

For writing today we practised writing recounts that make sense. Our teacher put up a photo of an abandoned building on our class tv which in partners we would write a recount based around it. My partner was Afu. We needed to write a sentence each watching carefully to see what the other had written so we could carry it on. It was difficult because we weren't able to talk and we had to carry on the sentence without knowing what our partner was thinking. I learnt how to communicate with someone without needing to talk. It was a fun and creative way to practice recounts and I really enjoyed it. We were given a set time to do this in. I hope you enjoy our short fiction recount :)


I ran to Mary’s room. Eye’s filled with tears, heart beating out of my chest. I had to tell her. She jumped out of her bed towards me and asked what happened. I began to tell her my story. “It was midnight. I heard someone screaming so I went outside to see where it was coming from. I was lead to an abandoned house. The colour had faded, the windows were shattered, and when I had walked inside, the ceiling was falling apart. Then the door slammed behind me. My instincts were screaming get out! But my feet said otherwise. I started walking but every time I took a step, the floor creaked like it was going to break. The screaming faded, there were only faint whispers. The lights went off and on. My feet took me upstairs and towards the only door I could see. I slowly opened the door… I tip toed my way inside. It was completely silent, and completely dark.  Suddenly, the room filled with light. There was blood everywhere. I was grabbed from behind. I looked out the window towards the moon which I thought would be the last thing I would see. I squeezed my eyes closed, and then opened them to see I was in my room. I then realised, it was only a dream”.



1 comment:

Robyn Anderson said...

A superb example of collaboration Yvette and Afu! You have painted a clear picture with your words. I really like the phrase...'but my feet said otherwise', I could absolutely relate to that.

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.